These instructions provide specifics on inviting Powow to WebEx calls.
Powow can join WebEx meetings via WebEx Invite or through the Invite to Meeting form in the webapp. Users who connected Powow and Google calendars can have Agent joining their meetings automatically.
Select what best suits you:
Upon scheduling, make sure your WebEx plan has dial-in capabilities. If you need the instructions to schedule a WebEx meeting click here.
- Schedule a new meeting in WebEx, ensuring there are dial-in capabilities in the description of the meeting options. Note, dial-in details generally are available in paid plans only!
- Add Powow (email@example.com) to the list of the attendees, just as you would for any other meeting invite:
- Click Schedule (WebEx will send the invite to all attendees including Powow Agent)
- In a minute a nearly created invite will appear in your Powow calendar as an empty turquoise cell with a Scheduled status. If the meeting is missing in your Powow calendar for more than several minutes, check your mailbox for the error message. Follow instructions in the email to fix the invite or message support if you need further help (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join your meeting at the scheduled time - you will see a participant with a 209 area code. This is the Powow agent! Let Powow in from the Lobby to let it hear you. Read here why Powow may wait in the WebEx lobby
|Please be aware that if you are sending meeting invites directly from the Cisco WebEx website or application, WebEx does not share a list of participants in the invitation email. Therefore, Powow will not receive the information on attending users and can not automatically share the meeting with them in Powow.|
The Invite to Meeting form allows users to add Powow to an in-progress or scheduled meeting. This can be useful if you forgot to invite Powow during scheduling, you want to delay when the Agent joins the meeting, or if you aren’t the original meeting owner but still want to include Powow.
- Start a meeting or enter a scheduled invite in WebEx
- Copy meeting details from the invite you received, or open meeting details in your WebEx account if you are the organizer, check the screenshots below
- Open Powow and click Invite to Meeting on the upper toolbar
- Select WebEx
- In a popup insert meeting details and select a Workgroup:
- Click Submit
- Select Go to Meeting if you wish to edit meeting details or meeting settings
- That's it! When the Agent joins, accept it as an attendee and you are good to go!
|The User whose Powow account the invite comes from becomes a meeting Owner. If you aren't the original meeting organizer, it is important to verify with one before inviting Powow.|
|With an instant invite, Powow does not receive the attendee list. Therefore, the meeting won’t appear in the other participant’s calendars by default. Make sure to share access later in meeting properties.|
If you are a meeting organizer in WebEx, copy phone number from "Join by phone" section, e.g:
then Meeting number, e.g: 182 881 5767
then select a numeric password "from phones and video systems", e.g: 87255827
If you are the attendee in WebEx, copy a line that says "tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only), e.g: +1-415-655-0001,,1824170559#
In this article you learned Microsoft Teams invite basics, if you wish to dive into invite details or find out how to invite to offline meetings, click here.