Requirement gathering sessions are critical meetings to capture and track all feedback, user stories, and requirements discussed. Requirements can be defined in organized sessions but they can also be highlighted or identified in other meetings as well. Powow automatically identifies and organizes your requirements in the Requirements section of Key Items.
Powow identifies Requirements in three ways:
- Automatic suggestions, based on statements made in the meeting - Suggested
- In-Meeting Commands which can be stated in the meeting - Identified, Commands
- Manually in Powow for users with manage access in the meeting - Identified, Manual
After the meeting is submitted, Powow will deliver Requirements using one or several methods mentioned above.
Find Requirements under the tab "Analyze" on the meeting dashboard:
Requirements in the Diarization
You can quickly find the utterance in the diarization from where the Requirement is taken: all the items are highlighted.
If you click the Requirement item in the list, the diarization automatically scrolls to the relevant point in the meeting with a highlighted requirement.
You can quickly find the utterance in the diarization from where the Activities item is taken: all the items are highlighted.
If you click the Activity item in the list, the diarization automatically scrolls to the relevant point in the meeting with a highlighted activity.
Each Item that was pinned is displayed in the list by the order it was discussed in the meeting, regardless of when it was added. Items that are not pinned will appear at the end of the list.
Active and Inactive
All the Requirement items appear in the Active list. You can move items to the Inactive folder or move back to Active by clicking Make Active or Make Inactive at the bottom right of each item. Only Active Requirements will show up in the Meeting Minutes. When editing Minutes, you can reprioritize or remove them from the published document.
Only the meeting owner and users with access to manage can move items between Active and Inactive. View or Guest access does not permit users to move Requirements.
Move from Active to Inactive or vice versa:
- Hover over the row of a given Requirement to activate an option in the bottom-right corner which says Make inactive/Make active
- After clicking the option, the Requirement item will be moved to the opposite tab
Add a New Requirement
Users may need to add missing Requirements to the list so none of them are missing in the Meeting Minutes. These items can be discovered while the meeting audio record is played or additionally summarised as a conclusion to the topic discussed.
Only the meeting owner and users with access to manage can add new items to the list. Users with access to view or Guests can only view active and inactive Requirements. For more information on meeting permissions click here.
- To add a new Requirement, login to Powow and open the meeting you wish to manage
- Click + Add New
- At the bottom of the list, you will see the text box that allows creating a new Requirement
- Type your Requirement in the text box
- Pin the Requirement to the relevant piece of dialogue from the meeting so it is connected directly to the discussion
- To do so, click the pin icon next to the desired utterance
- Check the pin: icon should change color, and the time of the utterance should show in the editing field
- Click Save
|Test out In-Meeting commands in your next meeting! For example, say the command: “Add requirement item: the wall must be blue” during a meeting. Powow will list this under the Requirements section. For more about in-meeting commands, click .|
Edit, Delete and Copy to the Clipboard
In each Requirement, you can find the tools for managing items: Edit , Copy to the Clipboard or Delete . Clicking will copy the text and its link to the clipboard.
You can change the Requirement text, pin or repin the utterance by completing the following steps:
- Pick the Requirement item you wish to change and click Edit
- The editing field will open at the bottom of the Items list
- Use the arrows on the right side of the clickable field or use a shortcut “Ctrl+F” to find the point in the meeting when the decision was made. Type your changes
- Repin Item to another utterance if needed by clicking the pin icon next to an utterance. You will see the time changing in the editing field
- Click Save