Ensuring all next steps are accounted for is a critical part of post-meeting review and meeting minutes creation. Recording activities including actions either fully automated, manually added, or by saying commands during a call allows Users to make sure that actions decided upon in the meeting are turned into tasks with delivery dates and teammates assigned.
Powow identifies Activities in 4 ways:
- Automatic suggestions, based on statements made in the meeting - Suggested
- Identified by keywords like "action", "task", etc. - Identified, Keywords
- In-Meeting Commands which can be stated in the meeting - Identified, Commands
- Manually in Powow for users with manage access in the meeting - Identified, Manual
After the meeting is submitted Powow will deliver Activities using one or several methods mentioned above.
Find Activities under the tab "Analyze" on the meeting dashboard:
|The Meeting Owner and Users with manage access can:||Users with view access can:||Non-users who entered with a guest link can:|
|➡ assign a performer and create a tracked activity in non-private meetings (in private meetings only the owner has this feature)||➡ see Active and Inactive Activities||➡ see Active and Inactive Activities|
|➡ edit activity items||➡ view the related text in diarization||➡ view the related text in diarization|
|➡ move the activity to the “inactive” tab or delete||➡ assign the task in the non-private meeting to yourself or a teammate||➡ Copy Activity to the clipboard|
|➡ copy activity and link it to Trello card||➡ Copy Activity to the clipboard|
Activities in the Diarization
You can quickly find the utterance in the diarization from where the Activities item is taken: all the items are highlighted.
If you click the Activity item in the list, the diarization automatically scrolls to the relevant point in the meeting with a highlighted activity.
Active and Inactive Activities
When reviewing Activities after the meeting, each can be marked as active or inactive. Automatically recognized Activities appear in the Active list.
Users have the ability to determine whether a key item appears in the Active or Inactive list by clicking on Make Active or Make Inactive at the bottom right of each Activity.
Only Active items will show up in the meeting minutes. Marking non-Activity as Inactive also helps our machine learning algorithms!
Move an Activity from Active to Inactive or vice versa:
- Hover over the row with an Activity to activate an option in the bottom-right side of the row that says Make inactive/Make active
- After clicking the option, the Activity will be moved to the opposite tab
After the meeting, it’s important to turn activities into tasks for your team to complete. You can track an activity performance using the track key next to each item. Tracked activities will be listed in the and the assigned performer will receive a notification about the assignment. The Tracked Activity icon is turquoise .
- For any activity, click track
- The window Create Tracked Activity will open with the following fields: meeting; due date; performer; activity
- Meeting - meeting title, date, and time was conducted
- Due date - a calendar, where you can choose the deadline for the Activity completion
- Performer - a dropdown with a list of users to assign to the activity
- Activity - the editable text of activity being assigned
- Select Create
Edit, Delete and Copy to the Clipboard
In each Activity, you can find the tools for managing items: Edit , Copy to the Clipboard, Track and Delete . Clicking will copy the text and its link to the clipboard. Tracking activity will send it to the Task list but won't change key items even if it's edited. Track and Delete are hidden in the dropdown under .
Edit option allows you to change the Activity text and add a performer’s name and deadline, pin or repin the utterance.
- Pick the Activity item you wish to change and click Edit
- The editing field will open at the bottom of the Activity list
- Type the changes in the Activity text
- Type user’s name in the Performer field
- Type the deadline date in the Due date field
- Insert an external link to Trello or another task manager
- Repin Activity to another utterance if needed by clicking the pin icon next to an utterance. You will see the time changing in the editing field
- Save changes
Click to unfold the dropdown with Delete function. Deleting the item will remove it completely from both Active and Inactive lists.
- Choose the Events you want to remove
- Click the Delete key
- Click Delete in a popup. After deleting, the item will be removed
The note with the performer and the deadline may appear automatically after the meeting. It only appears if the assignee or deadline was discussed in relation to the mentioned activity item during the meeting
Add New Activity
- To add a new Activity, enter the meeting you wish to manage
- Select Activities
- Click + Add New in the upper-right corner
- A field will open at the bottom of the Activity list that allows you to create a new item
- Type your Activity in the clickable field for the item text
- Add the Performer and Due date if required
- Pin the item to the relevant piece of dialogue so you can always get back to it. Click the pin icon next to the utterance
- Check the pin: icon should change color, with the time of the utterance showing in the editing field
- Save changes
In your next meeting, try in-meeting commands. Let’s say the activity is: “make a plan”. Simply say the command: “Add action item: make a plan” during a meeting and the system will list it under the Activities section. Learn more about in-meeting commands here.