Creating minutes after a meeting is a difficult and time-consuming task. Powow analytics steps in to collect all the important items, structure them in one document, and help you to deliver them to the team faster, and more comprehensively than ever.
This article will teach you how to manage Meeting Minutes.
Only the Meeting Owner and Users with manage access can view, edit, and publish meeting minutes. Users with view access will be able to see Meeting minutes only after publishing. They can access it on the Dashboard, meeting preview, and in the diarization window by choosing the meeting minutes tab. Read the article on Meeting Permissions to learn more.
Find minutes on the meeting dashboard:
Meeting Minutes view
The screenshot below displays the view that you will see when entering the Minutes feature. The left side of the screen, which was the diarization window, will change to the minutes document preview which you can edit with the tools on the right. All the changes from the right-hand side edit window will be reflected in the Minutes document on the left in real-time.
To switch between the minutes preview tab and the diarization view tab, use the button in the upper-middle of the left window.
Reorder Meeting Minutes Sections
Move Meeting Minutes sections within the document to achieve the desired order for publishing. To access this tool, find the Manage Sections key in the upper-right corner of the right editing window. A new window will pop up showing the list of Key Items sections featured in the Minutes document.
- Hold a section using the drag handle to move it up or down in the document
- Remove a section from the Minutes document by clicking the check-box
- Include it back by ticking it again
- Scroll the window down to review all sections
- Click Save when you are happy with the result
In case you need to edit an item, you can go back to any of the key items by clicking the title on the upper-left of every section (Activities, Issues, Questions, etc). You will proceed to the Key Item edit page. To come back to minutes, access it again from the key items dashboard.
On the top of each item, next to its title, you will see two tabs: Included and All. By default, all Active items are included in the Minutes document.
- Include - all items included in the meeting minutes document.
- All - items from key items section.
To exclude an item from the document, tick the check box . To bring the item back to the document go to the All tab, find the item, and tick the check box again.
You can Exclude all the items of one section from the document. Use the more key to open a dropdown, choose either one of these options: Include All (is set up by default) or Exclude all.
You can change the order of items within one section too: hold the drag handle to move the item up or down in the list .
Publish Meeting Minutes
Once your document is ready, you can publish it for everyone who has access to the meeting to review it and share it.
- Click Publish. After publishing, all of the participants who have access to the meeting will see a key View Meeting Minutes in the meeting preview as well as the section next to meeting diarization. You can also access it right from the Powow Dashboard
- The Unpublish key will appear after publishing the Meeting Minutes. If you change your mind and wish to revert the publishing, use the Unpublish key
The document has a publish date, if you click unpublish, then publish again, the date will change accordingly
- Go to more key at the top of document preview, click to open drop-down, and choose to Download PDF or Download HTML file to send via email to relevant stakeholders
- Use Open in new tab to view the document in your browser. From the new tab, copy the link for your teammates to see the Meeting Minutes. If the Minutes are published, the shared link will be available to all users with a view or manage access to the meeting. If the Minutes are “not published”, only users with manage access will be able to open the shared link