Knowing who is speaking and when is critical to understanding a meeting. With Powow, you can assign a name to a voice manually or let Powow do it for you with automatic Voice Identification! When your meeting submits to the web app, speakers who have enrolled their Voice ID will be recognized by Powow and assigned to their voice.
For one-time voice recognition, users can still use Self ID, which requires saying a four-digit code for each meeting. Voice ID, on the other hand, looks to recognize your voice across all your meetings.
To recognize your voice, Powow leverages a speech sample. After following the steps listed below, a robotic voice will ask you to complete a simple “questionnaire” consisting of four questions.
For each question, you will have 30 seconds to answer, providing your voice sample. Please fill this time with a substantial answer to give Powow enough sample to recognize your voice in other meetings.
Recording Voice ID
- Create a new meeting in your calendar (Outlook, Google Calendar, etc.) using one of the conference call providers (Google Meet, MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx, etc.), ensuring there are dial-in capabilities in the description of the invite
- In the title field, type in Powow Enrollment as it's written here (case-insensitive). This title won’t be displayed anywhere in the web app, just on your calendar
- Set the duration of the meeting to be 15 minutes, though you likely will only need 5 minutes to complete
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org as a meeting attendee
- Save the meeting and send an invite
- Join the meeting on time! Once Powow joins, you will hear a voice asking questions. For your comfort, the questions asked during the enrollment are listed below
- After each question, you will have 30 seconds to reply. Start answering right away and keep talking until the "beep" sound; any silence or pauses will not let the Agent finish your enrollment process
- Leave the meeting when you have completed the Enrollment process
|If you previously activated Google Calendar integration and use it to schedule enrollment, Powow will automatically join and start the enrollment. No need to add email@example.com as an attendee. Skip step 4 and proceed to save.|
|Powow joins scheduled meetings and starts the “questionnaire” regardless of your presence. If you are late to the meeting, the enrollment will record silence and process it. If this happens just re-record the enrollment.||Powow joins scheduled meetings and starts the “questionnaire” regardless of your presence. If you are late to the meeting, the enrollment will record silence and process it. If this happens, just re-record the enrollment.|
Questions that you will be asked during the enrollment questionnaire (after each question, you will have 30 seconds to reply. Please speak clearly during all this time; any silence or pauses will not let the Agent finish your enrollment process) :
- Tell us about your role in your company.
- Can you briefly describe your professional experience?
- What is your role in your project?
- Tell us, please, some facts about your company.
Once the Enrollment is complete, your voice record will be saved in the web app in your profile settings.
- login to Powow and click your profile picture on the upper-right to unfold the dropdown. Select Manage Profole
- Switch to the Voice ID tab
- Click the play key opposite to “Enrollment Sample”
- You can control the volume using
- By clicking the dropdown will open, which allows downloading of recorded audio to your device
- Delete key will erase the record for good. If you wish to record your voice again, just follow the enrollment steps above; current audio will be overwritten
Auto-Apply toggle activates automatic voice identifications to meeting transcripts. The toggle is on by default but you can switch off the function and keep on with suggestion approval. The feature works in all the meetings your voice is recognized across the organization.
Voice ID in Action
Now that meeting participants have their voices recorded, Powow will look to recognize them in meetings they participate in. If Powow is able to recognize a speaker, you will see a suggested name denoted by the orange dot in the transcription. Click on the speaker label and Apply the suggestion if it’s correct. This can also be done from the participants list.
Troubleshooting (if suggestions don't show)
- Check enrollment audio is successfully recorded (Organization Admins can play other users Enrollment samples in the Organization section);
- Check if the user has participated in the meeting by listening to an utterance;
- Make sure conference platforms were the same during enrollment and the meeting you are looking at (different platforms may vary in audio quality);
- Try to record another enrollment sample, ensuring you are speaking as you do during your meetings.
If all requirements above are met and your voice is still not recognized, don’t stress. The technology is still learning and may not recognize all voices 100% of the time. Please contact our support team, and we will help you to complete your enrollment.