Add your corrections to the diarization, adjust the dialogue, link each participant to a user, or listen to the audio record from a specific dialogue. You will learn how to do all of this and more in this article!
Vocab tip: We call each block of speech in the transcription an utterance.
Wish to see the dialogue of a specific participant? Use the filter feature! Filtering the transcription to the selected participants will remove utterances from all non-selected participants from the transcription. Readabout managing the Participants list in the meeting.
- Click the filter icon
- Choose as many usernames from the dropdown menu as desired. To unselect, click the user’s name again.
Play the Utterance
Hover over an utterance you want to playback, the text will highlight in grey. Next to the Speaker's name, a play button will appear. Click the button to play the audio. The meeting recording will start playing from the time of the utterance. The recording will keep playing until the end of the meeting. Use the main audio player at the top of the transcription to pause the recording.
Share the meeting at a specific utterance
As you review the meeting, it is important to engage in continued dialogue even after the meeting is complete. Instead of starting the conversation from scratch, start directly from where you left off at any point during the meeting by sharing a Moment. Send a link to a specific utterance to a teammate in your preferred chat app to start the conversation. Hover over an utterance to unhide the “link” iсon in the upper-right corner . Click and copy the link in the popup to your clipboard. The link is ready to be shared in whatever chat app you prefer.
|To use the link, a teammate must be registered with Powow and have access rights to the particular meeting. If they click the link without access rights, they will be asked to request from the meeting owner.|
Edit, Split or Delete Parts of the Transcription
You can fix the transcription if there are any inconsistencies. Editing features are available for each utterance.
Hover over the utterance you wish to manage. The utterance will highlight in grey. Click in the top-right corner.
To edit text:
- In the dropdown menu choose Edit
- In the popup window, assign the correct speaker
- Edit text where necessary. For the larger utterances use the scroll bar from the right of the window
- Click Save
If two people are speaking in the same utterance, split it so you can attribute each statement to the correct participant. Here is how you can
Split an utterance:
- Click within a given utterance
- In the dropdown menu choose Split
- In a popup, you will see fields where you can do your edits. Ctrl+X to cut the text from the upper window and paste it in the bottom
- Open the Speaker dropdown to choose the correct Speaker. The Speaker from the upper field will be displayed first in the diarization, the bottom field is for the next Speaker accordingly
- Click Save
To remove dialogue:
- In the dropdown menu choose Delete
- A confirmation question will appear
- Click Delete to remove or Close to keep it
If there is a term that is commonly mistranscribed, you can use the Correction Phrases feature to ensure it appears correctly in the text. The easiest way to do this is to highlight any word or text in the meeting dialogue and click Add Correction phrase in the dropdown. A window will pop up asking you for a "correction phrase" to this mistranscription.
The change will take immediately in your meeting and will be automatically applied to all future meetings.
Creating Key Items
Create new items without leaving the meeting transcript. Highlight a part that you think deserves attention and save it to one of the many Key Items like Decisions or Risks.
- Highlight the text you want to save (you can highlight text from several utterances as shown on the screenshot)
- In the dropdown choose Add Moments or one of the Key Items.
- In the popup, you can make edits prior to saving. The new item will appear in the list of the Key Item you chose