Ways to invite Powow
Inviting Powow is the first step to tapping into the full value from your meetings. Powow will record, transcribe, and analyze the conversation enhancing productivity for you and your team. Powow can join any meeting with a dial-in number (e.g., conference line, cellphone) or Microsoft Teams meetings with a URL (if Teams integration is enabled). Integrations with other teleconference providers without dial-in numbers will be coming soon.
There are two ways to invite Powow to a meeting:
- Via a calendar invite - this is the easier and preferred method for inviting the Powow Agent.
- Through the Invite to Meeting form in the Powow webapp.
Any Powow user can create a meeting and send the invite. Once the invite is sent, it will also be displayed in the Powow calendar, syncing automatically. Until you have the meeting, the invite will be displayed as a white cell.
If your organization has more than one Workgroup, a scheduled meeting will appear in the Home Workgroup of the meeting organizer. Invite to Meeting form allows you to choose Workgroup while setting up your call. Meetings, later on, can be moved between Workgroups.
Inviting Powow with a calendar
The easiest way to start a meeting with Powow is by inviting firstname.lastname@example.org like you would invite any other participant in your normal calendar. After sending the invite, Powow will join your meeting as a participant at the scheduled time.
If you use Zoom, Cisco WebEx, or Google Meet, follow the instructions here.
If you use Microsoft Teams, connect Powow without a dial-in. You can find instructions here. You can also continue with the dial-in option if preferred.
For all other dial-ins, click here for instructions.
Regardless of your dial-in, please make sure to follow the Powow Invite Checklist.
Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, and Google Meet
Powow has custom integrations for MS Teams, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, and Google Meet. With all of these conference call providers, make sure your meeting invite has a dial-in number. Note, this generally is available in paid plans only.
|If you hold your meetings on MS Teams, try the direct connection! No dial-in required. You can learn more here.|
- Create a new meeting in your calendar using one of the above conference call providers, ensuring there are dial-in capabilities in the description of the invite
- Add the Powow Agent (email@example.com) to the list of the participants, just as you would for any other meeting invite, and send the invitation:
- Join your meeting at the scheduled time - you will see a participant with a 209 area code. This is the Powow agent!
|Please be aware that if you are sending meeting invites directly from the Cisco WebEx website or application, WebEx does not share a list of participants in the invitation email. Therefore, Powow will not receive the information on attending users and can not automatically share the meeting with them in Powow.|
|With Zoom integration activated, no need to invite Powow to your Zoom meetings at all! You can submit meetings from recorded audio data in your Zoom Cloud reflected in the Powow webapp. If you are a Zoom user and feel like this is your way to play, read the instructions for activating Zoom integration here.|
Other dial-in numbers
If you don’t use the above teleconference applications, have no fear! The Powow Agent can attend any meeting with a dial-in. Your meeting will automatically sync with Powow Calendar once the invite is sent.
- Add Agent Smith to your participant's list in your calendar invite:
- In the description field of the invite, add the following text exactly as outlined below with your dial-in information:
dial: your dial-in number
pin: your PIN (optional)
The Powow Agent won't accept an invitation if either of the keywords "Powow invite:" or "dial:" are excluded. The “pin:” keyword is optional. All lines should be separated with a new-line character.
- Send invitation emails to invite participants, and Powow will join on time!
Inviting Powow From the Webapp
If you didn’t invite the Powow Agent when scheduling the meeting, the Agent can still attend!
The Invite to Meeting form in the webapp allows users to add the Powow Agent to an in-progress or scheduled meeting. This can be useful if you forgot to invite the Agent, you want to delay when the Agent joins the meeting, or if you aren’t the original meeting owner but still want to include Powow.
|With this invite method, Powow does not receive the attendee list like on a calendar invite. Therefore, the meeting won’t appear in the other participant’s calendars by default. Make sure to share access later in meeting properties.|
Follow these steps to invite Powow to your meeting:
- Start a meeting with your conference application or find a scheduled invite
- Find the required dial-in details (depending on the application you use, this could be: phone number, password, meeting, or conference ID)
- Open the Powow Webapp and go to the Invite to Meeting key on the upper toolbar
- Choose the application you are using from the proposed options or choose Other if your application is not listed. Once the application is selected, the meeting details form will pop up. If the selected application is not the one you need, come back to the options by clicking Change Application
- In the meeting details window, fill in the required fields:
- Meeting title: This field is optional; you can edit the title in the meeting properties
- Join Now or Schedule: By default, the Join Now option is selected. You can also schedule the Agent to call into a meeting. Click the option and choose the date and time from the Start Time field
- Phone: Paste the dial-in number for your meeting. The number may contain “+,” “-,” or spaces. If your meeting is on MS Teams and there is no dial-in provided, click here to learn how to invite Powow with just a URL
- Passcodes: Fill in the rest of the fields with the required information, such as meeting IDs and passwords. Fill out each option that your meeting provides; otherwise, Powow can not enter the call!
- Select the Workgroup you would like your meeting to submit to
- Click Submit
- In the pop-up, choose Go to Meeting if you wish to edit details or simply close the pop-up window
- That's it! When the Agent joins, accept it as an attendee and try out Self ID!
|Don't make Powow wait in the "lobby." It won't record your meetings staying there. Make sure to accept the Agent as an attendee at your meeting.|
|Example for Zoom Meeting:|
In Zoom meeting, copy any line with phone number from "one-tap mobile" section, e.g.:
then put in phone number section part with phone number:
Number in the middle will stand for Meeting ID:
The rest insert to passcode:
|The User whose Powow account the invite comes from becomes a meeting Owner. It is important to verify with the original meeting owner before inviting the Powow Agent.|
|If you submit the meeting to the delegate owner’s account, make sure this user is a member of the Workgroup you picked from the list. Your Home Group is the default in this field.|
Create an offline meeting
To invite Powow to a meeting, we recommend that you invite Powow to one of the teleconference tools. However, if you don't have any convenient application available, you can conduct an offline call with Powow. Please be advised that personal mobile phones on “speaker mode” will result in reduced recording quality leading to reduced transcription quality.
If dialing Powow in for an offline meeting, we highly recommend that the other end of the dialed number is a teleconference phone or that the participants are connected to the answering phone with personal (e.g., lapel) microphones.
If you chose this method to invite Powow, find the Invite to Meeting key on the upper toolbar and follow the next steps:
- The key will open the window with a list of conference applications, select Other from the proposed options
- In the pop-up, choose Join Now option or choose the Schedule option (calendar icon) and click the Start Time field to set up the date and time of the call
- Enter the phone number you want Powow to dial, including international country codes as needed
- Enter pin (optional)
- Choose the Workgroup you need a meeting to be submitted to
- Click Submit and wait for
- Powow to dial in (should receive a call within a minute if Join Now is selected)
Powow Invite Checklist
To make sure the Powow Agent attends your meeting on time, double-check each of these items below in your meeting invite:
- The invite sent to firstname.lastname@example.org should come from exactly the same email registered or aliased on your Powow account, including accurate capitalization. For example ("email@example.com" vs "User.Name@mail.com").
- If you are not using the MS Teams direct connection, there must be a dial-in number in the description of the meeting invite.
- If you’re using Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, or Google Meet, leave the invite as it is. If not, make sure the keywords are included in the description.
- Verify the meeting is sent by logging into the Powow web app. If invited correctly, the meeting will appear in white on your calendar view.
- When it’s time to start the meeting, start on time. Powow will dial in on schedule. Do not forget to admit Powow if you are using a Waiting Room feature.